Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope your day is filled with joy and laughter:) Be sure to take advantage of the last days of our 25% off + Free US shipping on all orders!
The holidays mean, family, love, presents, and lots of tasty eats. Unfortunately, it doesn't usually include HEALTHY tasty eats. But that doesn't mean your pup has to eat unhealthy too... I wanted to share with you some tasty AND healthy DIY dog treats.
2 cups low salt beef or chicken broth
2/3 cup water
2 or 3 ice cube trays
Small Bully Sticks (French Bulldogs love these)
Mix water with beef or chicken broth and pour into popcicle trays. Place in freezer and serve cold. Add a rawhide stick halfway through the freezing. This recipe is quick, easy, and fun. It's probably best to serve this dish outside.
Monster Mutt Meaty Muffin Dog Treats
Kale Squash Surprise
What You Need:
– a muffin tin and muffin cups
– 1 cup diced butternut squash
– 1/2 cup of finely chopped kale
– 1 egg
1. In a sturdy blender mix all of the ingredients until you achieve a thick consistency.
2. Pour mixture evenly into muffin tin. (I personally like using muffin tins when baking for Rory because it cuts down on mess and cleanup).
3. If you’re leaving these out at a party, top each muffin treat with a small piece of bright orange squash.
4. Bake in over at 350 for 15 minutes.
5. Remove, allow to cool and serve! TIP: To make these tasty morsels last longer, cut into small pieces before treating your pup!
The nutritional breakdown:
KALE is packed with natural anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatories which helps to alleviate joint pain and stress from daily, repetitive movements. It is also loaded with beneficial vitamins that are sometimes missing from a strictly kibble-based diet, such as vitamin C, K, beta carotene and magnesium. Plus it is low-cal!
SQUASH is colourful, smells wonderful while it is baking and is bursting with provitamin A which helps keep your furry friends’ diet balanced.
EGGS are an excellent source of protein and help to keep a dog’s dog luscious and healthy. They also provide essential minerals.
(Our French Bulldog Loves these!)
Here is a great cook book with fun recipes, and great photos to get you and your dog drooling:
52 Weeks of Treats – Simple & Healthy Dog Treat Recipes for Every Season
Comments will be approved before showing up.
REVERSIBLE HARNESS SIZING:
The Frenchie Flyer